  From: Mike Morris WA6ILQ
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] OT- Digital TV converter box issues

  At 09:30 AM 01/08/09, you wrote:

  >Hello Mike,
  >
  >Are you saying your address shows as invalid?. I ordered some for my
  >sister (on line) and it allowed you to enter an actual street
  >address and then it allowed shipping to a different address like her P.O.
Box.

  My old adders is forwarded by the postal office. I had coupons
  sent there, but I never got them and according to the post office
  folks they can't forward them. Of course there may be a different
  reason that I didn't get them, and the PO guy is mistaken.

  The DTV web site back in August would not take a PO box.

  My new address was used by the former owners and the system won't
  send a second set of coupons to a different name.

  >However if your address is non existent you might ask a friend to
  >use theirs if they haven't ordered any

  Like I said, all of my friends are getting boxes using their addresses - they
  want the extra box for hacking purposes (nobody has a spare coupon).

  >and have them sent to your P. O. Box.
  >
  >As long as you have a physical street address for your location it
  >should work. At least it did here.

  Adding a extra letter (like changing apartment "12" to "12A" results in

  >The address you provided could not be found.
  >
  >The unit, suite, or apartment number for the address you provided is
  >missing or invalid. Please supply a valid unit, suite, or apartment
  >number and submit your application again.

  Physical locations have to be in their data base, and it's pretty accurate.

  However an email I received gave me a couple of additional options
  that I didn't know were available.

  I'm still looking for an "unused" address - someone local who not
  going to apply for any coupons - maybe he has purchased
  replacement TVs, or uses cable, etc..

  >Larry - N7FM

  Mike WA6ILQ