----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark" <n9...@ameritech.net>

> The biggest problem I have run into so far is loading Win98 onto an older
> laptop with only a floppy drive...  A friend of mine picked up a laptop with
> an interchangeable drive bay, and then bought a CD Drive for the laptop.
> Problem is: Win95 (loaded on the machine) won't recognize the drive, even
> though it IS seen and recognized by the BIOS.

  I don't have the Win95 driver disk but I know that there was a version of
Win98, SP1, that was on floppies. I also know that you could have played
with NT 4.0 on floppies. The only problem with that is that you have to know
what you have, and then set it up accordingly. But that could've worked, too.

  I also have an old laptop that I need to play with (also a bad BIOS battery)
that I want to program things with, too.

  Anyway, I hear you got a solution (bootable Win98) so that should take
of ya, too. Good luck.

                Ray        KBØSTN