The auction listing mentions that original MVP Repeater has
only a few watts output. I seem to remember the original MVP
repeater PA being rated about 2.5 to 3.5 watts output?

Bob and Chuck,

Are you guys turning down the output power on your conversion
MVP (radio to) Repeaters?  ... or running near/at the nominal
radio RF output level without major internal cabinet de-sense
problems?

s.