--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Mike Morris WA6ILQ
<wa6...@...> wrote:

> But for the first time in my lifetime 6m will get
> better - channels 2, 4, and 5 are going off the
> air (until the FCC sells that spectrum).

Or some new stations take over that spectrum.  I think it's stupid
that we will be one of the last countries to try to do TV on lowband.
 We'll forever still need 3 band TV antennas.  The rest of the world
gave up on lowband TV because of ducting.

> Maybe we can put a 6m repeater on the
> channel 2 tower?  It's 970 feet tall on top
> of a 5,000 foot mountain, and the chief
> engineer is ham-friendly...

If he's REAL ham friendly, see if he'll let you diplex on the Channel
2 antenna <grin>

That is the perfect setup, TX near as possible to CH 2 to minimize the
TVI complaints, RX as distant as possible to get less CH 2 lower
sideband noise.  Not sure about DTV, but the lower sideband
suppression for analog channel 2 is very kind to the TV stations and
bad for us. No one other than us would have put up with that much
noise from an adjacent user (well, unless the other user was Nextel)

Ray