I have used this method of converting many  MSR2000 and it works  great!
Especially if you want to keep it somewhat in its original  condition.  I have
taken the mod and added a "jumper" plug to the DB  connector, I left the
components on the board and added a return wire from them  to the jumper.  This
allows me to remove the controller for service or  programming and still keep
the
repeater on the air.

Thanks for doing the all the engineering work!

Bill - WA0CBW

In a message dated 2/25/2009 9:06:04 A.M. Central Standard Time,