At the moment my MSR 2000 is interfaced with a NHRC4 controller, but
I wanted to add a phone patch and a link radio using a CSI 9800R. I
guess it is just winter and being bored. Too cold to do anything than
think and plan and this sounded like a workable solution. Guess not.
BTW Skipp thanks for all your hard work and good advice. G
--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, william...@... wrote:

> I have used this method of converting many  MSR2000 and it works
great!
> Especially if you want to keep it somewhat in its original
condition.  I have
> taken the mod and added a "jumper" plug to the DB  connector, I
left the
> components on the board and added a return wire from them  to the
jumper.  This
> allows me to remove the controller for service or  programming and
still keep the
> repeater on the air.
>
> Thanks for doing the all the engineering work!
>
> Bill - WA0CBW
>

> In a message dated 2/25/2009 9:06:04 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> skipp...@... writes:
>
> Hi  Grant,
>
> To answer your question... Not really,
>
> The classic  method of using the line driver module is commonly
> called "wire line"  control. The line driver normally outputs
> the receive signal (audio) and  could contain some tone/dc
> information if it's set up with certain  options.
>
> The transmit (input) side of the line driver is looking for
> a tone sequence or DC Current loop keying along with the TX
> audio.
>
> There are a number of methods to interface various  Motorola
> Repeaters. I have an external repeater controller to MSR-2000
> (and it's pretty much the same thing for the Micor) interface
> article  on the www.radiowrench.com/sonic web page.
>
> http://www.radiowrench.com/sonic/so02004.html
>
> ... and  back to the main sonic page for the sqlgate.zip file
> download. I've  recently relocated the page and files to a new
> server so not all the other  downloads are available (yet).
>
> http://www.radiowrench.com/sonic
>
> cheers,
> s.
>

> > "Grant" <gsee@>  wrote:
> > I have been told I can interface two repeaters together
> > using the line driver card. Anyone on here ever tried  that??

> Yahoo!  Groups Links
>

> **************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get
Oscars
> updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
> (http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?
ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)