If this was a stand-alone repeater, instead of a base-station, I'd think you
have the repeater-activate and repeater-holdin parameters set differently, such
that it needs carrier and PL tone to bring up the repeater but the holdin is
missing or OFF.

However, in a base-station configuration, the only field that has meaning is
the receiver audio control / activation.

I'd suspect the signal polarity and/or level feeding the CAT controller is
incorrect or needs a pull-up on the input. What points in the MSF are you using
to supply the COR and CTCSS input signals?

Is the CAT set up to require CTCSS? There's an AND/OR switch or field setting
in most CAT products.

There's a test point in the SCB that has raw receiver audio. Put a scope or
voltmeter on this point and verify that you still have signal coming through
when the CAT keys the transmitter. Also verify the PTT signal coming out of the
CAT is keying the transmitter when you provide the proper INPUT signals to the
CAT. In other words, disconnect the COR and CTCSS lines and activate them
manually to see if it's the CAT or the MSF that's not working the way you want.

Bob M.
======