From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dave Gomberg
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 8:24 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Repeater Kerchunk

At 05:13 3/16/2009, Joe wrote:

>If you start to worry about the kerchunkers your going to drive yourself
>crazy.  I've had several repeaters for years and have learned that the
>kerchunkers are usually someone who has just discovered your repeater
>and want to know how it covers an area.

I admit that on occasion I have thought of kerchunking because I
check into several nets where I am at the limit of the repeater's
coverage.   I would kerchunk to see if I am in range or need to move
a bit.  I am attempting to take as little resource as
possible.   Would it be better for me to give my call, hope someone
comes back, and ask for a signal report?

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg1 at wcf dot com
All addresses, phones, etc. at http://www.wcf.com/ham/info.html