I was asked by  a Technical Rescue group to help them set up a repeater for a
mobile command post they are building.  The chassis is MCI bus, so it's not
going off road.

Here's the notes:

    * The are licensed in commercial UHF.
    * The bus has both 12V and 24V available from 2 different battery sets
    * The have access to a commercial style rack with shock mounts
    * Their hand-held radios are all HT1250, multiple varients.  Some of the
members have opted to install Motorola Spectra radios in their POV.
    * The have access to an MTR2000 station and a Kenwood TKR850 from a local
car dealership.   The can pick either, the other goes to another non-profit.
    * The antenna is an looks like an RFS BA1012 on a 20' push up pole (they
are attempting to obtain a 60' Wilburt mast from a television station)

I'm leaning toward the MTR2000 as has better specs and it a high power unit
(will not require an external PA).  Is there something I am missing in pointing
them at the MTR station?

Martin