  From: rahwayflynn
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:18 AM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Mobile Repeater

  I was asked by a Technical Rescue group to help them set up a repeater for a
mobile command post they are building. The chassis is MCI bus, so it's not
going off road.

  Here's the notes:

  * The are licensed in commercial UHF.
  * The bus has both 12V and 24V available from 2 different battery sets
  * The have access to a commercial style rack with shock mounts
  * Their hand-held radios are all HT1250, multiple varients. Some of the
members have opted to install Motorola Spectra radios in their POV.
  * The have access to an MTR2000 station and a Kenwood TKR850 from a local car
dealership. The can pick either, the other goes to another non-profit.
  * The antenna is an looks like an RFS BA1012 on a 20' push up pole (they are
attempting to obtain a 60' Wilburt mast from a television station)

  I'm leaning toward the MTR2000 as has better specs and it a high power unit
(will not require an external PA). Is there something I am missing in pointing
them at the MTR station?

  Martin