I agree entirely on the RF part of your article.

But.  Digital modes somehow eliminate feedback?  Echo cancelation exists but
a great deal of the time it fails miserably.  You end up with
voice-frequency delayed retransmission in the audio which IMHO is harder to
understand 'through' than reasonable (ie - public safety person using lapel
mic/HT to talk while inside the car with the car's radio's volume reasonably
low) feedback.

I personally don't understand the actual need (other than paying the
FCC/Congress's bills) for all this nonsense of tightening up tx bandwidth.
My scanner says theres a lot less on vhf/uhf than there ever was before as
the business users all migrated to cellular.

Is the 'real world' trick to just apply for 2 side-by-side 12.5k slots and
run your big fat 25khz carrier down the center?  ;)

JS