Hmm, I didn't say digital eliminated feedback.  You have to go back to the
original complaint (someone else) to understand my comments there.  They
said that at fire scenes and other places where loudspeakers are left on in
emergency vehicles that digital sounds really bad when the speaker audio
gets back into a fire scene radio.

My contention is that we've ALWAYS had a feedback problem in that regard --
analog or digital -- but the PEOPLE using the radios UNDERSTAND the
howling/squealing coming from an analog rig because they've seen it before
in PA systems, at conferences, at the local baseball stadium. and they also
understand how to avoid it.

The people in the same situation today with digital radios have no mental
frame of reference on what "feedback" sounds like in digital, so they don't
move away from the loudspeaker.  Eventually they'll get it.

Nate