Well you are an Amateur operator so how about making one ?
 has to be cheaper than the price you mentioned , maybe you have friends who
can help ?

________________________________
> To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> From: nkn...@twowayradio.net
> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:52:14 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] 2 Meter Repeater Antenna Suggestions

    Send

> I am not much of a fan of the Mexican made DB-224E. Having said that, what
> are your options? Telewave has a HAM discount of 30% off list, but that still
> puts their equivalant at well over what the going rate for the 224E is. What
> about RFS Cellwave or Sinclair? Even more costly. Some say you get what youi
> pay for.
>
> Back to the Mexican 224E, still a worthy contender. I just installed one and
> a couple of it's A and B sisters over the past few months. I had to replace 2
> less than 4 years old. One was in good condition despite an obvious
> lightening hit. Customer just wanted to spend money on a new Sinclair
> antenna. The other one had somehow gotten water inside the N male connector
> at the end of the harness. The water got inside the hot glue heat-shrink and
> then inside the N female on the Heliax. Needless to say, that didn't work too
> well.
>
> If you go with the 224, just make sure to tighten all terminal nuts and
> weatherproof all the connectors and joints well. Don't assume that the
> heatshrink with hot glue inside will keep water out. Inspect all factory
> moldings carefully and take appropriate measures if you have the slightest
> question about it.
>
> If you do, you should get years of good service out of the Mexican
> Commscope/Andrew DB-224E.
>
> 73 de N5NPO
>
> Norman Knapp

Looking for a place to manage all your online stuff? Explore the new Windows
Live .
http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/windowslive/