That's interesting Skipp.

I'm searching. I did find a couple references to PIM/IMD problems
and one about poor signal with this type antenna.

The latter caught my eye as I've been sitting here half thinking
coverage with this single dipole I tossed up there *seems* to be as
good as with the whole array. I can't be sure since I haven't been
"out there" to really see for myself what it is doing. At this point
it's just a funny feeling I keep getting. Might be nothing to it...
I'd have to go drive around for half a day to be sure.

I will keep digging for old posts on the subject...

Paul N1BUG