OK, I guess it's about time I asked this. Is there someplace I can
find a reference on various connector types (plated or not, type of
plating) vs PIM/IMD/noise in duplex systems and/or in high RF
environments? I am looking at replacing my run of LDF5-50A and
wonder what type of connectors I *should* use.

I always *thought* silver plated connectors were the way to go. But
it is obvious none of the connectors on my DB4062B duplexer are
silver plated. They are silver in color but they do not tarnish at
all after many years... clearly not silver.

I've also noticed on this Sinclair dipole array that I had problems
with, the 3 x N(f) tees are silver plated but the mating N(m)
connectors on the harness are not.

Brass, silver, gold, tri-metal (?)... help! What are the accepted
"rules" for connector choice for duplex systems and/or in high RF
environments, and why? What about mating connectors with different
plating? If a repeater is in a very low RF environment, does it even
matter?

Thanks!

Paul N1BUG