John J. Riddell wrote:
> Paul, there is a product made here in Canada by DW Electro chemicals called
> Stabilant 22 that works wonders on connectors. It is a liquid and is about
> 35
> dollars for a very small bottle.
>
> You just put a very small amount of it on each mating surface of the
> connectors
> and it becomes highly conductive between the two metal surfaces.
>
> I used it on all of my repeater antenna connections and had excellent
> results in lowering
> noise problems.

Interesting! I've heard of that stuff and probably need to get some
and try it on the pins of the audio processor board on my Mastr II
PLL exciter. Every once in a while the audio goes away, but pulling
that module and re-inserting it fixes it every time.

I'm staring to believe the noise problems I've been fighting for
years were just band antennas... an old fiberglass collinear that
had gone bad, and a new Sinclair dipole array that apparently had
issues from day one. Everything is running *perfect* with the single
dipole I threw up on the tower.

Paul N1BUG