Hi Folks,

We are putting up the DB-224 on the side of the tower,
which is one of those large 3 legged towers.  (like you
see at microwave & telephone sites).

I have the DB-products data sheet on the 224, and it
has some plots for side mounting on the tower.

The plot in question is the 224E (all in line, pointed
away from the tower).

According to DBprod, it would give the appropriate pattern
for our desired area.  However, one of the old salts here
(who has final say-so) says that you really have to put some
left and right angulation on the elements to get that pattern.

I guess the real question is how positioning on the side of
the large tower affects the pattern - if the elements are
directly perpendicular to the tower leg, versus having some
rotation on the leg.

I'm thinking that we will probably just have to experiment
with what we get per old-salt's method & see how it works.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tim  W5FN