  From: tahrens301
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:35 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] DB-224 patterns on side of tower.

  Hi Folks,

  We are putting up the DB-224 on the side of the tower,
  which is one of those large 3 legged towers. (like you
  see at microwave & telephone sites).

  I have the DB-products data sheet on the 224, and it
  has some plots for side mounting on the tower.

  The plot in question is the 224E (all in line, pointed
  away from the tower).

  According to DBprod, it would give the appropriate pattern
  for our desired area. However, one of the old salts here
  (who has final say-so) says that you really have to put some
  left and right angulation on the elements to get that pattern.

  I guess the real question is how positioning on the side of
  the large tower affects the pattern - if the elements are
  directly perpendicular to the tower leg, versus having some
  rotation on the leg.

  I'm thinking that we will probably just have to experiment
  with what we get per old-salt's method & see how it works.

  Anybody have any other ideas?

  Thanks,

  Tim W5FN