Last Saturday June 27, three Mototrbo repeaters were successfully linked via an
Internet connection between California and Iowa.

All three repeaters are in the 440 MHz amateur radio band and are currently
linked full time.

The Mototrbo repeaters, mobiles and portables are completely digital.  Audio
quality is very clear and natural.  There are two voice time slots and in my
case, one slot is connected to the other repeaters.  The second voice slot is
not and can be used for local repeated QSOs.  Two conversations can occur at
the same time.  GPS and text messaging are also supported.

Mobile and portable digital coverage appears to be better than my analog
repeater that was removed from the same repeater antenna.

If you have a Mototrbo repeater and would like to learn more about linking it
to us, please contact me.

Randy
WB0VHB