Nate,

With all due respect, following your logic, if one careless mobile user lets
his mic fall down in a seat crack, doesn't realize his PTT is stuck, and ties
up your input for an hour driving through your coverage area, does it then
follow that you ban all mobile users from your system?

If I'm using a legal mobile repeater with an effective control scheme, I
frankly don't give a rodent's rump if repeater owners "welcome such operations
on our systems" or not. The idea that I'd hand over remote control of my
amateur station to a repeater owner is a non-starter.

There's also no longer any legal requirement or operational reason to identify
a mobile repeater as a repeater in the ID.

There are clean, legal, "good amateur practice" ways to do this, and if you're
trying to communicate out of a reinforced concrete building used as a Red Cross
shelter in a remote area, the "better options" you prefer may not be available.

Calling the guy's GM300's a "crossband junkpile" was a little over the top.
Then again, I tried to respond with positive suggestions, and he thought I was
rude, too...

;^)

73,
Paul, AE4KR