From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Plack
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 4:58 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] GM300 Crossband Ham repeater
Bi-Directional

Nate,

With all due respect, following your logic, if one careless mobile
user lets his mic fall down in a seat crack, doesn't realize his PTT
is stuck, and ties up your input for an hour driving through your
coverage area, does it then follow that you ban all mobile users from
your system?

If I'm using a legal mobile repeater with an effective control scheme,
I frankly don't give a rodent's rump if repeater owners "welcome such
operations on our systems" or not. The idea that I'd hand over remote
control of my amateur station to a repeater owner is a non-starter.

There's also no longer any legal requirement or operational reason to
identify a mobile repeater as a repeater in the ID.

There are clean, legal, "good amateur practice" ways to do this, and
if you're trying to communicate out of a reinforced concrete building
used as a Red Cross shelter in a remote area, the "better options" you
prefer may not be available.

Calling the guy's GM300's a "crossband junkpile" was a little over the
top. Then again, I tried to respond with positive suggestions, and he
thought I was rude, too...

;^)

73,

Paul, AE4KR