From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Morris WA6ILQ
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 4:23 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] ctcss dropout due to loud voice

I think you will find that shouting into the mic will talk
off the CTCSS.  The last new radio I tested had 5.8-5.9
KHz dev fresh out of the box.  My standard test is to
yell a  "FOUUUUUUUUUR" into the mic with my lips
just a 1/4 inch off the mic grille.

And it's instinctive for the people in a vehicle to speak up
when traffic noises are loud, especially when the window(s)
are open.  A bench test on a brand new radio HAS to
include yelling into the mic.

Mike