From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Eric Grabowski
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 10:30 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Sinclair Q202 duplexers (frankenstein
series)

Eric,

Why is a quarter-wave shorted stub impractical at 2m?

I have been told that a quarter-wave shorted stub would serve two purposes:
a) provide a dc path to ground for static caused by precip or wind, and also
b) substantially reduce the strength of a transmitter's second harmonic.

73 and aloha, Eric KH6CQ