Eric,

Are you sure about your six-cavity recommendation?  The MASTR II PLL
exciter has 22 dB less side-band noise than a typical multiplier exciter
- using 600 kHz TX to RX separation.  Assuming his preamp isn't driven
into a non-linear region (it shouldn't be), a good 4 cavity duplexer,
like a WACOM WP-641, should give plenty of isolation...

Kevin Custer