--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, John Sehring <wb...@...> wrote:

> Oh, I forgot...circular polarization would be excellent to use on VHF and UHF
> repeater.  We want the extra signal strength & the multipath would be way
> less;

CP has always intrigued my for amateur repeater use, although I've not tried it
yet.

Yes there would be less multipath fading, but the "extra signal strength"
woulnd't appear unless you keep the same ERP in both H and V.  And that
requires a larger antenna or double the transmitter power.

John is it really true that CP causes MORE multipath distortion in FM
broadcast??  And TV??

Laryn K8TVZ