If there is interference with the same tones, there is interference with
different ones, too.

Again, proper engineering (coordination in this case) is a necessary
first step, and selecting different CTCSS tones to mask a problem is not
a solution.

Overdeviation? Another engineering deficiency. Although the 15 kHz
channels don't help, either. Still, they can be overcome to some degree.

Still waiting for a reason that doesn't involve compromised engineering.

Joe M.