Good Morning/Afternoon Jim!

Not sure about the Antenna, I know Randy's (HJC) is working great! Any
type of double shielded coax/feedline anywhere in the system will cause
problems. As the temp inside or outside changes it can cause the shield to
rub together and make a lot of noise on the repeater. Even if it is used
inside on the duplexers... I had mentioned to the person you are referring
to that I may be able to find some 1/2" hardline but he thought it may be
to weighted for what he is doing...

Corey N3FE

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:46:36 -0400, "Chuck Kelsey"
wrote:
> Sounds like maybe a bad antenna. Don't use the foil/braid cable anywhere
in

> a repeater system.
>
> Chuck
> WB2EDV

Band Antenna on. This is the high gain 8.3
dB
>> VHF/11.7 UHF. The system uses UHF Repeater, VHF Simplex, and IRLP. The
>> antenna works very poorly on UHF and much better on VHF. The SWR is
about

>> 3-1 on both frequencies. The antenna is not DC Ground and there is no
>> shorted connectors. Lack of help prevented us from taking the antenna
>> down
>> and apart at this time. We ran tests by putting the antenna on a
portable

>> and working a fixed base and again the VHF pinned the meter and the UHF

>> was weak, only a couple of S units better than the portable rubber
duck.
>> Has anyone had a similar problem. I understand that the antenna is a
>> compromise and not as good as a single band folded dipole for example,
>> but
>> several of us have these and they work great except for this one. I am
>> thinking there are enough Tram 1481 out there and someone may have had
>> the
>> same problem.
>> Also there has been many posts about the LMR400 used in
repeater
service.