All due respect, but in nearly 30 years of maintaining paging systems from
40-950 mHz, I've never heard this, or been instructed by an antenna vendor to
do so.
LDF4-50 jumper from the feedline to the antenna was the standard, purely
because we used feedlines of 1 1/4 and 1 5/8 routinely and that doesnt bend
sharp enough to get to connectors.

Humor mode on: Maybe that why paging has largely gone by the wayside ;mode off

We never used superflex outside though, apparently some of the jackets were not
rated for sun exposure.

Best regards de W1EL

Eric Lowell
Eastern Maine Electronics Inc.