Well then, that's what everyone on this group is here for. All you have to do is ask, and you've done that. All the advice tonight is valid, so now you need to make some measurements. You definitely need an iso-tee, and good watt meter, i.e., Bird or Telewave, and a service monitor with at least a spectrum analyser would be a good start. Read the RB page and follow the suggestions. We actually had a couple of Mastr II mobiles rigged as repeaters, but we didn't de-rate the PA's. They saw heavy use with zero problems for over ten years before we replaced them with stations. Of course the tower building was a constant 74oF in the Texas sun and the A/C ran most of the winter. It's a shame there's not another antenna on the tower you could "borrow" for a few minutes.

thp

W3ML wrote:

Thanks Tom,

Getting help around here is the hard part. I am the most experience and that is mostly from book reading and now a little playing around with the radio. No one else knows anything about repeaters either.

We are just now getting into the repeater stage for our club.

73
John