we have had good luck with them on 6.25 digital  and you?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: skipp025
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 4:42 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 50 Watt Repeater (Shameless Kenwood Dealer
Plug)

  > OK let me give you another dealer input
  > Yes we are a Kenwood and also an Icom dealer.
  > From our own use we for our in house systems
  > use both brands of repeaters.

  > If I was going to do a 2 meter today I would
  > use the ICOM FR-5000 the new 50 watt unit.

  A Government Customer bought some of the newer
  generation Icom Repeaters from "another dealer"
  for a pretty good size LTR Trunking System.

  I was asked by the Trunking Controller Mfgr (CSI)
  to help trouble-shoot an on-going drop out problem,
  which was traced back to the discriminator output
  of the Icom Receiver. The receiver would chop/slice
  sections of the recovered discriminator signal
  well within the normal expected bandwidth.

  The customer ended up replacing those receiver
  models with different equipment. And they/we
  found the problem with more than one Icom Repeater
  Receiver Model.

  I would suggest new buyers of what I call the
  newer low tier/cost Icom Repeaters have a look at
  the receiver discriminator output with a service
  monitor (scope) so you aren't fighting a non uniform
  discriminator output problem... not so easily fixed.

  Icom like all the others makes some pretty decent
  gear... but some of the newer lower tier repeaters
  have that known issue, which I feel is pretty darn
  important to know about when starting out.

  cheers,
  skipp

  skipp025 at yahoo.com