Hi Tony,

I'm curious to know why you are asking (but admittedly I haven't read the
entire thread yet, maybe I just missed the reason...)?

But to answer your question, I/we have one that isn't quite off the air (yet);
but as the primary Trustee, I am considering doing so, if I cannot retarget it
and/or the site.

As a little bit of background, quite a while ago a bunch of us got together and
put a 70cm box up on a local mountain.  At the time, there was a need for an
"open" box serving the area.  Without going into all the painful details, we
ran into a lot of problems getting it coordinated; and before it ever happened,
a local repeater club put one up (too close to ours to make ours "necessary"
anymore).

For the past several months I've been pondering what to do with the site,
equipment, and all that goes into having such an asset; and while I/we haven't
decided completely, retargeting seems the most viable option (if I can find a
better band or application for the terrific high-level site).

I'm open to suggestions, if you have any that still serve the intended goal of
"in some way helping the local Amateur Radio and/or Emergency Services
community".

<<< vern >>>

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "railtrailbiker" <railtrailbi...@...>