Hello to the group. Knowing most of you have service monitors for the Repeater
Builder Hobby, I wanted to pose the following question. What method do you use
to protect the input of your service monitor from excessive RF Power input? I
am referring to the input/output jack that is limited to 2.5 watts on MANY
service monitors. I know I can use an attenuator, but that gets removed for
sensitivity checks and may not get put back on. One suggestion is a RF Relay
that would trip on say one watt and put the power to a dummy load. The problem
is I have used one of the cheap circuits in the past and toasted transistors in
a Pre-amp, before the relay reacted as the book said it should. However I know
there are circuits in say the Mirage Amp that also has a Pre-Amp that is
removed from the antenna during transmit, that works well. What are you doing
to protect your monitor? Appreciate your thoughts.

73 JIM  KA2AJH