  From: Nate Duehr
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 5:43 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] dispatch centers run through the internet

  On 1/4/2010 2:33 PM, wd8chl wrote:

    Security is also a big issue with trying to use the internet for
    something like this. Anyone with a little knowledge can hack into it and
    do whatever.

  Who needs to hack?  All common VoIP protocols in use are sniffable and
playable from 100% free tools like Wireshark. All that's required is a copy of
the packets... piece of cake.  We do it all the time for troubleshooting in the
VoIP telco hardware vendor world.

  This whole plan probably also runs afoul of HIPPA regulations for Medical
dispatch, once you start sending un-encrypted VoIP to a residential IP from the
dispatch center, now that I think a little more about it.

  Nate WY0X