On 1/4/2010 4:24 PM, Randy Ross wrote:

Given the inherit instability of the internet (it was NEVER designed to do what we are doing with it), I would consider any communications system which is reliant upon the internet to be flawed by design and completely untrustworthy.

We better shut down the mailing list then, it'll never work. LOL!

You need to rephrase that whole sentence. The Internet isn't "inherently unstable" at all. It's just not built for circuit-switched voice. It CAN be used as transport for voice with the right design, monitoring, and EXPENSE... but if you're going to go through all of the necessary questions and redundant hardware tests to get that level of service, you might as well just pay for a POTS line which comes with highly-redundant hardware driving it, and battery backup thrown in for free.

Nate WY0X