At 1/8/2010 23:39, you wrote:
>I used a Comet GP9 for about 2 years on a 444 Mhz repeater, then connected a 2
>meter repeater to it.  The 2 meter system performed FAR better than the UHF
>system. Both repeaters were nearly identical in performance otherwise, the GP9
>simply performed much better on 2 meters.

The GP9 does have significant nulls below the horizon on 440, so if your
repeater was on a mountain & you were trying to access it close-in, it
would appear to perform much worse than on 2 meters, where the gain is lower.

The only GP9 I have on a mountain is used for TX only, so I don't care
about the close-in coverage.  At 15 miles away the main lobe hits the ground.

Bob NO6B