To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
From: skipp...@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 01:27:46 +0000
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Caution to Group Members Trojan from Yahoo
Banner Advertisments

Re: Caution to Group Members

Trojan from Yahoo Banner Advertisements

I actually believe I received the trojan from a banner ad

while setting up new book-marks for one of the radio/repeater

Groups I frequent.  A newly installed Kaspersky protection

package on the other computer caught the %$(^*%&  script.

I have nothing against the other protection programs... but

I had McAfee, AVG, Norton, Ad Aware and a few others installed

at various times and machines trying to help and no cigar

(didn't work for me). I read a a lot of internet forum posts

regarding this worm, learned about good results people were

having with Kaspersky, installed the free demo package on a

replacement windoz machine and went looking at old haunts when

it tripped an alarm on a/the yahoo banner ad.

Not fun, not good.  You'll need to learn how to clean/remove

the trojan with windoz in the safe mode as you'll find out

it prevents many things from functioning.  Worse case is the

worm has a built in smtp (email) engine and will send your

passwords and other information to some very bad people.

Teaches me for getting away from Linux...  back to a dual

boot machine.

s.

> Mike/W5JR <w5jr.m...@...> wrote:

> I've spent the last 24 hours on this very issue. And I was on the yahoo site
> yesterday. :(

> Mike

View photos of singles in your area! Browse profiles for FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/