> "gervais" <ve2...@...> wrote:
> hi all

Not since high school...

> i am doing an exchange locally ,my Master 2 repeater
> for a little kenwood repeater ????

We all want to know... why?

> i dont recall the model,,,,(((( but it is not powerful,
> 15 or 20 watts i think,,,it looks like an audio amplifier,,,
> tk?????

"TKR" the numbers following indicate the band and model.

A TKR-7xx is a VHF High Band Repeater, the TKR-8xx is a UHF
repeater (for those two bands).  You're probably going to be
talking about a TKR-820 UHF (older grey "desktop") or TKR-850
(newer dark color rack mount) as the two most popular UHF
Models.

> is there a web site with many information on these little
> repeaters from kenwood?

Yeah, once you know the right model number the information
is available at a number of web sites.

> i dont need power anymore that is why i am bargainning this
> big 100 watts master 2 for the little one.

Many of us are thinking that's not a great trade. There are
fairly easy ways to reduce the power output of a Master II.

> 73/s all and thanks for the help
> gervais ve2ckn

Send me a picture, I can tell you what you have and what you
need to program it... IE give you full Kenwood Support at no
cost (I'm a Dealer).  I honestly would think a trade of a Kenwood
TKR-820 (the much older model) would not be a great deal for
a Master II.

cheers,
skipp
skipp025 at yahoo.com