On Feb 14, 2010, at 5:03 AM, James Adkins wrote:

> I agree.  If you look at the BCD codes, there's EXACTLY enough spaces for 5
> kHz channels between the wide and narrow band assignments for 50-54 MHz.
>
> We use Daniel's exclusively in our low-band statewide radio system, and I
> spoke with one of their engineers about this out at IWCE last March and he
> said it could be done, and they had even done it from the factory for an EMA
> out in California.  It does take some work, he said some component changes,
> but that's as far as we discussed it and I've not tried it yet myself.

This must be the trick to getting Daniels to talk to you... go to IWCE and get
in their face.

I've been blown off multiple times by them at their published contact points,
over the last couple of years...

I mention it more as a "beware" thing for the list, I'm not interested in
talking to them anymore.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
n...@natetech.com