Dan, there will be a time when we cant get a wide band commercial repeater
that we use for our beloved 25khz analog repeaters anymore. Here in under 2
years when the FCC requires all manufactures to stop building wideband
equipment and everyone in the commercial band to be at a 12.5khz emission.

There are rumors floating around that firmware releases for programmable
equipment may include the removal of the 25khz option in that equipment. Not
good for hams. How would you like to be on a hill top and flash your GE
Master 3 or Motorola Quantar or a MTR2000 to the latest firmware and find
out it will only do 12.5khz. Watch out as the time is coming.

Mike Mullarkey K7PFJ

6886 Sage Ave

Firestone, Co 80504

303-736-9693