What /I/ can add, is that the FCC has said that if you want privacy for your
communications, then encrypt them. Clear voice is available to anyone with the
appropriate receiver. No, I can't find my source for this, I've read all the
Daily Digests for the last 5+ years, and I believe it was in a letter ruling.

BTW, if you go to the url listed, you'll see that it's still in committee. Not
passed by the House nor Senate, nor signed by the Governor.

WalterH