Anyone have a suggestion for a simple 50 ohm signal generator?

I have a number of VHF Phelps Dodge duplexers and several UHF flat pack
duplexers I'd like to be able to test prior to sale and possibly rough tune
for a few projects duing the waning weeks of winter.

I realize a network analyzer would be the best case option for doing this
sort of work; followed by possibly a service monitor and a spectrum analyzer
with tracking generator. I currently have an HP spectrum analyzer available
at work; unfortunately it did not come equiped with a tracking generator. It
does have a current calibration; I'm guessing I could use it to determine
the exact output from a signal generator and subsequently the insertion loss
from the duplexer.