Mike, Your comments and help is very much appreciated. You have gone to an
effort to help me greatly and I extend my thanks to you. Great details!

The TPN number is TPN2264 SP01

It has been mentioned to me that the SP could mean either special product or
special price. I haven't actually powered it up yet but will do so shortly and
check output voltages. My reason for asking about this supply is that well ...
I have it and could sure use it if it proves to be suitable for my application
- powering dc devices and a couple of UHF repeaters in my mobile home when
plugged into grid power (the charging circuits would be a bonus for keeping the
batteries topped up - but as has been mentioned already it would probably not
be good for my AGMs.)  I got it for next to nothing so saw it as a cost
effective solution. My other option is a switch-mode bench supply @ 40amps
continuous that I also have. A bit concerned about RFI into radio equipment
tho. It is one of the POWERTECH MP3090 models such as this -
http://tinyurl.com/y9nl85a  The model I have has digital volts and amps meters
- so a good way of keeping a tab on current draws.

What do list members think of using this supply as an alternative to the
Motorola one? I know which is a lot lighter to pick up and move around!

Thanks all

Graham
ZL3TV
New Zealand