You wrote:
> Switchers -as a class- are more efficient and reliable than linear supplies.

As a Class...
More efficient - yes,  More reliable - that's debatable.

In the two-way radio world, linear supplies are the rule, switchers are
the exception.  In 25 or 30 years, we'll see if switchers are 'really'
as reliable.   In my experience with switchers (as a class), they are
hard on filter capacitors, with failures of them way before the normal
'dry out' time - many times in just a few years.

There are a few tower management companies that I know of that won't let
you install a switcher because of the possibility of interference.  The
same companies also do not let anyone install LMR coax onto the site.

I'll be interested to see the results too, Bob.

Kevin