Leroy,

Here is the file I received, and what I plan on doing...

Our controller give us a "hex" output via 4 output pins.  These 4 pins
will be connected to pins 6,8,9, and 12 on the Gm300.  This will give us
selection of 9 of the 16 channels, enough for our needs!  This will
allow us to link to the primary 2M repeater in OUR county, plus 1 in
each of the 7 surrounding counties, plus 1 simplex channel.  Remember,
you will need at least 2 pins grounded to make a channel, so some of the
hex outputs will not work.   When the correct DTMF access code is
entered, followed by a number or letter, it translates it into hex and
outputs it via the 5 pins, and latches that way.  Even if power is lost,
it will revert to the last know state.  We will be using this to "steer"
the GM300 via the drawing in the .pdf file I uploaded in the files
section, look for the "ch-sel" file.  I will program the GM300 and make
a list of how to use it and distribute to the users.  For example,
entering the correct DTMF acces code, followed by a "3" would give you
an output of "0011" in hex.  This equates to channel 12 on the GM300.
Here is how it all works out.  It's not perfect, but I have an older
controller that does not support direct control of radios, and it gives
me control of 9 channels, more than enough for my needs!

DTMF Digit    Hex Output   GM300 Channel

0                     0000                  1  (all outputs off, reverts
to front panel control, which would be set to Ch1, the "home" channel)
3                     0011                   12
5                     0101                   10
6                     0110                   6
7                     0111                   14
9                     1001                  9
A                    1010                  5
B                    1011                   13
C                    1100                   3

Hope this is what you were looking for.  Any questions, shoot them my
way!

Steve KD8BIW

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Leroy A. M. Baptiste"