It's a 4-watt UHF carrier squelch radio. Uses crystals Short ones are 2-watt
units. PL or DPL boards fit under the plate in the battery compartment.

________________________________
From: La Rue Communications <laruec...@gmail.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, April 8, 2010 2:18:10 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Motorola Radius P50

Two questions on this unit.

1) Does anyone know the nomenclature for this? I have checked out several
different versions, including  one that was built for assignments dated after
3/10/02. I tried to check it out with it, however, it doesnt match up when it
came to the power level code. So I scrapped that one. Google searches turn up a
pair of them listed on eBay for 250 bucks. (Who are they kidding?)

Model number is H (For Handheld) 44GNU1120BN. I beleive it is a UHF, but I
would like to know the rest of the specs, spacing, packages, etc.

2) One the same units, I have a "Tall" one and a "Short" one. Battery sizes are
clearly the differing factor. Does that mean Power levels come into play here?

Thanks in advance!

John Hymes
La Rue Communications
10 S. Aurora Street