Jeff,

But for the purpose of this exercise, setting the loops, the position of max
RL has to be the position of min. IL? No? Is my thinking completely flawed
here?

I've never used an RLB to set the loops; I've always used an SA/TG.

I also have several different tutorials on cavity tuning, but none even
touch on the IL adjustment.

lh