On 5/6/2010 10:35 AM, James wrote:
> Hi Guys, We have been experimenting with building CTCSS Units using
> the 567 Tone Chip and good components, i.e. Caps, multi turn pots
> etc. The stability is not good in my opinion. We will set it to 107.2
> and the next time you check it is off enough to where it won't decode
> until it is re-tuned slightly. I am wondering what your experiences
> may have been with this CTCSS Chip. Many articles say they work well
> with the addition of a stable voltage regulator, so we added a five
> volt regulator, no difference in stability. Any comments and
> experiences with this and other chips would be appreciated. The
> availability of CTCSS Chips seems limited.

I've never seen anyone have real succes with those chips in that
application. Frankly, I think the internal components in the IC do not
have the tolerance and stability to handle it, so no amount of
high-tolerance components on the outside will make it usable.

They were never designed for that purpose anyway. They were for broad
decode app's in the audible range...cheap. Like a 1050Hz decoder in a
weather radio.