You need to be careful with Beeswax. it can hold the core tight enough that you
break it.

________________________________
From: Chuck Kelsey <wb2...@roadrunner.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, May 29, 2010 11:46:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Transformer cores

I've always heard about inserting a small diameter piece of rubber band in
between, but have never found anyone that actually had it work.

If it were me, I'd get some bees wax, melt it, and quickly dip the core in
it using a tuning tool so as not to coat the innards. This would put a small
coating of bees wax on it, increasing the diameter and making it a bit
sticky.

That said, I've never done any procedure.

Chuck
WB2EDV