Ok just kicking this idea around the other day and the question came up about
antenna separation. I know the basic 2 meter antenna separation is 50ft. (I am
thinking 60ft to be safe) But is it possible to get them closer if I place some
cavities on either the receive or transmit sides. Sounds dumb from some certian
points of view, but I am waiting on the arrival of a decent duplexer (could be
some time out though)so in the mean time I would like to get this up and going
with a split antenna system for now. I was thinking maybe a 30ft separation...
Would this idea work? If so does it need to be modified from what I was
thinking?