From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kc0mlt
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:28 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Antenna separation question

Ok just kicking this idea around the other day and the question came up
about antenna separation. I know the basic 2 meter antenna separation is
50ft. (I am thinking 60ft to be safe) But is it possible to get them
closer if I place some cavities on either the receive or transmit sides.
Sounds dumb from some certian points of view, but I am waiting on the
arrival of a decent duplexer (could be some time out though)so in the
mean time I would like to get this up and going with a split antenna
system for now. I was thinking maybe a 30ft separation... Would this
idea work? If so does it need to be modified from what I was thinking?